i just had an idea for a feature that i think could kick ass.
though maybe it is already in place :)

i have a mailbox with 3000 messages and the problem is that
i keep on leaving stuff there that i think i will need later,
but stays there for years.

the idea is to delay-delete a message. the idea is to
mark a message for deletion, but not delete it for a while.
say i set my 'delay-delete' to 14 days. messages i would
delete today will actually get removed from my inbox the
first time i do an update on my inbox, at or after 14 days
from from today (i.e. from the time i deleted them).

maybe even being able to set a default delay and a delay per message,
possibly allowing to change the delay at a later day would be
great.

in essence it is like setting an expiration date for messages.
when they expire, they get deleted (or perhaps they are sent to
some "expired" mailbox.

is it feasible at all?
herpahs putting some header in the message with delay delete?

--carlos