On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 12:20:29AM -0500, Carlos Puchol wrote:
:
:i have a mailbox with 3000 messages and the problem is that
:i keep on leaving stuff there that i think i will need later,
:but stays there for years.
:
:the idea is to delay-delete a message. the idea is to
:mark a message for deletion, but not delete it for a while.
:say i set my 'delay-delete' to 14 days. messages i would
:delete today will actually get removed from my inbox the
:first time i do an update on my inbox, at or after 14 days
:from from today (i.e. from the time i deleted them).

Actually, I'd like to have add some kind of search pattern to the
message-tagging functions.  For example, if I knew that I have a bunch
of messages from Januaary and February 2000, I'd like to be to be able
to tag them, then do with them as I will.  AFAIK, this isn't a feature
in Mutt.  I know I could tag by searching all the "Date:" fields, but
those dates aren't quite standard (the same datetime could come in
different formats or in different timezones).

Besides tagging messages by absolute datetimes, this could be extended
to your specific problem by allowing relative datetime patterns.  So you
could do things like tag messages that are 14 days old or older.

What does everyone else think?

--
Eugene Lee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]