On Fri, Jun 30, 2000, Charles Curley wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 01:10:14PM +0100, Gunther Kuhlmann muttered:

> > On Wed, Jun 21, 2000, Charles Curley wrote:
> >

> > > If you don't need the portability, this will do:
> > >

> > > (server-start)
> >
> > I am currently starting xemacs for each mail I write (from mutt). So
> > I added (server-start) into my .emacs file, but it came up with the
> > following error:
> >
> > Signaling: (void-function server-start)
> >   (server-start)
> > )
> >   load-internal("~/.emacs" t t t undecided)
> >   load("~/.emacs" t t t)
> >   load-user-init-file("")
> >   load-init-file()
> >   command-line()
> >   normal-top-level()
> >
> > What am I doing wrong? Do I need to install something which is
> missing?
> > (I hope this is not too OT.)
>

> Possibly what you are doing wrong is using Xemacs. :-) I have never used
> it, but I know that there are differences between Xemacs and Emacs. For
> aught I know, this is one of them. Somewhere there should be an Xemacs
> list where you can ask.

Correct, I am using xemacs. And I can't use emacs, because it says
No fonts match `-dt-interface user-medium-r-normal-s*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*'
and terminates. And I currently have no time to investigate.

I am sure I find that xemacs list and I'll aks there. Thanks nevertheless!

> If you do get it working correctly, would you please post the correct
> code
> here for other folks' reference.

Certainly. If, that is.

Gunther