On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 04:06:31PM +0300, Mikko H?nninen wrote:
> Well, here's a suggested solution:
> 1) put all your send-hook commands in a separate muttrc-style file
> 2) make "M" into a macro that
>    - does "unhook send-hook"
>    - sets up your From header (my_hdr From ... or set from=...)
>
> Then you also need some method to restore the settings.  The easiest
> solution would be to set up a macro that just reads the send-hook file
> again, and undoes whatever settings you did in the M-macro.  But that's
> not automatic.

Hmm, ok...

How about I just make it always set the values depending on what I
press:

bind index Y mail
bind index E reply
macro index m ":source ~/.mutt/autoselect^mY"
macro index M ":source ~/.mutt/workselect^mY"
macro index r ":source ~/.mutt/autoselect^mE"
macro index R ":source ~/.mutt/workselect^mE"

~/.mutt/autoselect:
source ~/.mutt/send-hook.default
# send hooks to automatically select From: header

~/.mutt/workselect:
source ~/.mutt/send-hook.default
send-hook . my_hdr From: ...

more brute force, but less of a pain to implement? (haven't tried it
yet though)

> If you want to automatically restore the settings once that email has
> been finished, it does get quite tricky.  There's no way to make a macro
> that will "do this, then send email, and after the 'send email' step has
> completed, do this".  But, there is only a limited amount of ways you
> can get out of the compose menu.  You just have to create macros for all
> the possible exit keys in the compose menu, that restore your usual
> setup.  They could also un-macro all the compose menu bindings, although
> that's strictly speaking not necessary (it won't hurt to leave them in
> every time).

This, I think, would be more trouble than it's worth...

--
Josh Huber                               | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
1024D/6B21489A 61F0 6138 BE7B FEBF A223  E9D1 BFE1 2065 6B21 489A

PGP signature