Brian Salter-Duke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thu, 26 Oct 2000:
> I am not sure whether I am doing something the right way, but I have
> come up against a wall. In the attach menu after saving the message, I
> want to modify the message considerably by piping it to a script. The
> modifications are such that they can not be done in situ. I have to
> create another temporary file. The question is this - how do I replace
> the original temporary file in the tmp directory by the new one so I can
> then send the new file rather than the original?

What's wrong with using the filter-entry function from the compose menu
(bound to F by default, apparently)?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with "in situ", but if you can
explain why "filter-entry" isn't enough for you, well maybe we can go
from there. :-)  As far as I know, there is no actual way to get the
temporary filename of the attachement.

Regards,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /