This is not an IMAP issue, since IMAP is only for reading mail, not
sending it. You likely have a sendmail problem. In mutt, you can fiddle
with $from and $envelope_from, after that you have to twiddle your local
sendmail setup. Unfortunately there are a lot of variables there, and
I'm no expert either. Maybe someone else can help you with sendmail.

-Brendan