On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 08:15:11AM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Osamu Aoki proclaimed on mutt-users that:
>
> > Also, exim+procmail supports MAILDIR too.
>
>  Delivery to folders of whatever kind (MH, maildir, mbox etc) is a
>  job for the local delivery agent.  Right - procmail does maildir
>  (at least the newer ones), and qmail's maildrop (I think) does that
>  as well.

qmail can use either mbox or maildir -- but from what I've read, maildir
was introduced by qmail.  (and qmail's docs include a small rant about
mbox and why we should all switch to maildir. ;-)  maildrop is
unrelated; it seems to be somewhat like procmail -- it does filtering,
and can store messages in either mbox files or in maildir directories.

I have a question which is somewhat related to the original message.  If
I want to operate on a large block of messages (say, 200-1000) -- how
can I do so?  Without holding down the 't' key, that is ... ;-)  I'm
hoping there's a tag operation which operates on a range of message
numbers; but I haven't found such a thing in the docs yet.

thanks --

Ed