> if what you want is just to send the (previously unfiltered)
> spam to /dev/null, there is no need to interact with procmail.

no, that's not exactly what i want. i'd rather like to have a
script/macro/program which can be used to populate my .procmailrc. no
matter if it's spam or not! this was actually just an example.

it'd be nice to have filtering done from within mutt. right now, when a
message arrives, i have to open .procmailrc and edit it by hand. this
could be done automatically, i think

> This also cuts on phone bills, if any.
:) no phone bill. btw: what is a phone?

thx andré

--
Real software engineers work from 9 to 5, because that is the way the
job is described in the formal spec.  Working late would feel like