I like to work in a white on black console which is how I've set my
console. But when I enter Vi when composing mail, I can hardly see the
colored letters of Vi so I need a white bg during email composition.

How can I configure Vi (or ViM) so that when I compose mail the bg
will become white and leave the colored text as is. Or how can I set Vi
to display white text on black bg?

The manual says that I can set bg = dark or light. But this doesn't help
any ... unless I'm missing something. :)

Thanks.
--
Horace G. Friend III
[EMAIL PROTECTED]