At 16:00 +0200 08 Apr 2001, Christian Biesinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It would be nice if there was an option for mutt to not encrypt mails
> for mailing lists, even though I've set crypt_autoencrypt to yes (I've
> installed the S/MIME patch).
>
> I know that I could use send-hook for this, but then I'd have to add
> every mailing list to send-hook as well as to lists/subscribe.

You're right, you can use send-hook for this, but you're wrong about
needing to specify each mailing list:

send-hook ~A 'set crypt_autoencrypt'
send-hook ~l 'unset crypt_autoencrypt'

The ~l pattern will match if the message is going to a known list.

--
Aaron Schrab     [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.execpc.com/~aarons/
 If you consistently take an antagonistic approach, however, people