Hello,

I have managed to configure Mutt to do almost anything I
want, with this exception:

I have colors set in .muttrc as I like both in the index and when
I read messages. When I *send* messages, however, i.e. whenever I
hit either the "r" or the "m" keys, mutt colors headers and quotes
in a different and unreadable way. I haven't found in the manual
or in the .muttrc files I downloaded from the net anything about
this, and even the /etc/Muttrc file doesn't contain anything related
to colors.

I guess I could patch this with a send-hook which applies to ALL
outgoing messages, but I'd like to know both why does this happen,
and if there are more elegant/proper ways to do it.

Any help/pointers/muttrc examples explaining how to set colors
only when sending messages would be really appreciated.

        TIA,

                        Marco Fioretti

P.S: please keep in mind that I'm still using mutt-1.0.1i-6
(Red Hat 6.2 running, and will upgrade to newer RH and mutt
only when the first RH 7.1 CD hits the newspaper kiosk)