On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 06:18:52PM +0200, Christoph Maurer wrote:
> > > But, in normal operation, I'd prefer to have $edit_headers unset and
> > > would like to be able to enter characters like "ä", "ö" or "ü" in
> > > the mutt dialog for entering recipients and subjects of a new mail.
> > >
> > > But on my system hitting an "ä" does not cause any action, hitting
> > > "ü" returns a "_" and so on.
> > >
> > > Seems to be a problem with ncurses or so...
> > > Can anybody help?
> > >
> > > My machine runs SuSE 7.1, the $LANG variable is set to "de_DE" and
> > > the problems occurs under X as well as in text mode.
> >
> > './configure --enable-locale-fix' helped me to display raw 8bit on the
> > terminal.  Where can I find any doc on LANG variable?  If "de_DE" is for
> > German, what code is for Korean?
>
> This is an configure-option of mutt, or of ncurses?

When you compile Mutt ;-).

I've tried 'LANG=ko', 'korean', 'ko_KR', 'korean.eur'.  Nothing worked,
all I could see was '?'.  What I needed was for Mutt to spit out raw
8bit characters to Xterm; and, '--enable-locale-fix' did it.

Sorry, after re-reading your post, I'm at where you are now.  I can see
8bit characters in the header and message, whether encoded or raw.  But,
even though the 8bit characters don't display properly when I type at
the bottom of terminal, they get encoded properly.  Because, I can see
them after I receive the mail.

So, I can offer no help.

--
William Park (¹ÚÈñÀ©), Open Geometry Consulting, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
8 CPU cluster, (Slackware) Linux, Python, LaTeX, vim, mutt