* On [010529 19:40] [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Very simply, a mailing list to hold 50 email addresses that I can send as
> one message to all 50 recipients, as in an address book would do the job best.
> I'm sure this must be possible, but for the life of me I can't seem to
> figure it out. Any info, direction, pointers or how-to's is greatly
> appreciated.
> Thank you.
For this you need the "alias" function, which acts as an
'address-book'.
To use this you need to configure mutt to 'see' aliases:
set alias_file=/path/to/alias/file
then
source /path/to/alias/file

aliases can be saved in different formats, the default is:
alias nickname "fullname" <address>
the address field can be multiple, so you can create a group in this
way, or, better if you sometimes have to send individual emails, you
can map aliases recursively, in both cases, the address is then a
comma-separated list.

alias person1 <address1>
alias person2 <address2>
alias person3 <address3>

and then:
alias group person1, person2, person3
This should do what you want.

Lawrence
--
Lawrence Mitchell | http://members.tripod.co.uk/EVSvienna/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      | A marriage is always made up of two people who are