darren chamberlain [mutt-users] <Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 02:29:12PM -0400>:
> Dr. Christian Seberino ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said something to this effect on
>06/05/2001:
> > When one does mutt -f <mail file> it would be nice to have
> > the path automagically set so that I do not have to type
> > it in every day.  Is there any way to set path in .muttrc
> > and/or anywhere else?

> set folder=/foo/bar/baz/whatever # Defaults to ~/Mail
> mailboxes ! +mbox +mutt-users    # ! is $MAIL
> and invoke mutt as mutt -f +mbox instead of mutt -f /foo/bar/baz/whatever/mbox

 If all the folders reside in one particular path, mutt respects the $MAIL
 environment variable.  Or there's $spoolfile in .muttrc ...

: spoolfile
:
: Type: path
: Default: ""
:
: If your spool mailbox is in a non-default place where Mutt cannot
: find it, you can specify its location with this
: variable. Mutt will automatically set this variable to the
: value of the environment variable MAIL if it is not set.

        -suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI