On Wed, Jul 11, 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Exactly - and that's (one of) the reasons, why TOFU (german, meaning: text
> above, full quote below) is *BAD*.  It wastes bandwith and makes it harder to
> follow to what *EXACTLY* you're relying.  It's simply neither necessary nor
> wanted nor is there anything gained by doing a TOFU style message.
>
> Just cut away all you're not replying to, and write right below what you quoted.
> It makes it a lot easier to follow.

This brings up a question of mine, since we are on the topic.  This
comes up more in USENET than email, though.  You have a thread going
on for a while, and want to quote it, but it is MANY lines.  That is
where I wonder what to do, since you could have more than a page-worth
of just quoting, and it is all relevent.  Still okay?  I do do it,
since I think it is better than top-posting, but still ugly.

Thanks.

-Ken