On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 11:21:15PM -0400, Kyle Knack ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> First, I'd like it if the builtin pager did NOT
> jump to the next message when I'm at the end and
> hit <pagedown> or <down>.

This is what I have in my .muttrc:

# Do not move to next message when at the end
# of a message and when invoking the next-page function.
# Default behavior is so irritating
set pager_stop

> The next thing may be a vim thing or a mutt thing, I'm not too
> sure.  When I reply or forward a message, it starts the cursor at the
> bottom of the message (under the quoted text), but above the sig.  Any
> help on either of these would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

If you want the cursor before your signature:

   set editor="vim +'/^-- /-1' -c 'set nohlsearch'"

That is one line before pattern /^-- / which is the
standard way to start the signature.

If you want the cursor before the reply but after the header:

   set editor="vim +'/^$/+1' -c 'set nohlsearch'"

That's one line after first empty line (end of header)

-- Dominique