On (13/09/01 21:59), Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Cliff Sarginson <mutt> [13/09/01 18:08 +0200]:
>
> > > Query: why do people pgp-sign mail to mailing lists?  Ailbhe
>
> > This is an excellent question, since I just accidentally bombarded
> > this list with my public key I have been thinking that signing
> > mailing list messages serves *no* useful purpose.
>
> There's no damned point to it - unless you anticipate that your mail
> will be forged by someone.  Web of trust indeed .. based on a system

Unless you anticipate that your mail will be forged by someone who
sends something potentially damaging to a public mailing list.

I can't think of anything sent to something as public as this list that
would really be really damaging. Certianly nothing that couldn't be
denied with a pgp-signed mail...

Ailbhe

--
Homepage: http://ailbhe.ossifrage.net/