On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Daniel Eisenbud wrote:
> Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:29:35 -0500
> To: Sean LeBlanc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> From: Daniel Eisenbud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> CC: David T-G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Mutt Users' List"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: /var/mail/sean is not a mailbox?
>
> What version of procmail do you have (what's the output when you run
> "procmail -v")?  What flags is fetchmail calling procmail with?  Does
> fetchmail inject the message via SMTP into your machine's MTA when
> procmail is off?  If so, do you have better results running procmail
> from your .forward?

bash-2.05$ procmail -v
procmail v3.21 2001/06/29
    Copyright (c) 1990-1999, Stephen R. van den Berg    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Copyright (c) 1997-2001, Philip A. Guenther
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Submit questions/answers to the procmail-related mailinglist by sending to:
        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

And of course, subscription and information requests for this list to:
        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Locking strategies:     dotlocking, lockf()
Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
Your system mailbox:    /var/mail/sean

As for the other questions:
The only line dealing with procmail in the .fetchmailrc was this:
mda procmail

The whole .fetchmailrc looked like this:

mda procmail

Now, it's the same as above, just no "mda procmail" in there.

As for injecting SMTP into my machines MTA, I dunno. Without procmail,
the data ended up in /var/mail/sean, and not hosed. I don't know if
it went via sendmail or some other MTA (I never set up sendmail, either,
btw). I don't know how to set up procmail via .forward, I haven't
looked into that yet. I saw references to it was I was reading other
docs, but didn't know .forward could be used that way.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&userid=tparkin