Rene ---

...and then Ren? Clerc said...
% * Roman Neuhauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [03-12-2001 21:22]:
%
% | > From: David T-G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
%
% [...]
%
% | > If it really bothers you that much, unset $signature and $sig_dashes and
% | > then modify your editor command to append your signature file onto the
% | > temp file after the real editor completes.  Note that re-editing a file
% | > will cause duplicate signatures, so you might also tell your editor to
% | > find the sig_dashes and delete from there down before jumping back to
% | > the beginning of the message.
% |
% |     Yeah, I figured out it'd be probably left for vim to do this. Then
% |     again, (I'm no vim-hacker) there are at least three ways to quit
% |     from vim, saving the buffer, which means I'd have to noremap all of
% |     them... Unless I'm missing a way to avoid this. Ok, time to mail
% |     [EMAIL PROTECTED] :)
%
% What about rebinding 'y' to filter the message through some script?
% That's probably easier.

Not a bad idea...  Wrap $sendmail instead of $editor.

%
% | > The code is left as an exercise for the reader ;-)
%
% You lazy ... ;)

You got that right!

%
% |     No problem. Thanks for the reply.
%
% HTH,
%
% --
% René Clerc                      - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
%
% We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
% -General Douglas MacArthur

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]