Rob --

...and then Rob 'Feztaa' Park said...
%
% On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 09:01:55PM +0100, Cliff Sarginson (dis)graced my inbox with:
% > >
% > Rob first said> Great, now all we need is a unique mail quote character for
everybody
% > and then continued with> who uses email. And we need to devise a way so that when
we quote email,
% > subsequently saying> we quote it with _their_ quote character, not ours. That way
we know who
% > and finally posited> wrote it, not who's replying to it ;)
%   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
%
% This is more than one character ;)

Not if you encode it properly.  After all, with nearly six billion people
on the planet and many of them with multiple personas (work, home,
hobby, anonymous, etcetc), we'll have to go to multi-multi-multi-byte
characters ;-)

%
% --
% Rob 'Feztaa' Park
% [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% --
% "If it weren't for electricity, we'd all be watching television by candlelight."
%               -- George Gobal

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]