On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 09:36:13AM -0600, tim lupfer wrote:

> hey, did anyone ever happen to come up with an answer for the \012
> 1.3.24 weirdness? I finally decided to upgrade some of my machines,
> and little things like random \012's on my screen bother me.
>
> e.g.
> [-- End of PGP output --]
> \012
> [-- The following data is signed --]
> \012
>
> --
> tim lupfer              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> familiarity breeds contempt--and children.
>             --mark twain's notebook.

I think someone did mention it had to do with the character set you're using
being capable of displaying the \012 (the message I am referring to contained
a different \xxx number but the same problem).  I am having the same problem
with \012 for PGP signed messages.  I use iso-8859-1 for a display character
set on FreeBSD.  I have no idea whether or not this is really a problem with
mutt though.
--
Carl Schmidt