* Ken Weingold ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [Dec 12. 2001 14:07]:

> > > [-- End of PGP output --]
> > > \012
> > > [-- The following data is signed --]
> > > \012
> >
> > I've seen similar, and still do. I originally thought it was my Procmail
> > filter for non PGP/MIME PGP messages, but changing it didn't fix the
> > problem. The content-type doesn't matter for me, I still see the same
> > things. I was also told to check locales, but altering those didn't
> > make any difference either. When I reply to an email with that
> > funkiness, vim shows the characters correctly. *shrug* :-(
>
> I get the \012's as well.  But I don't think it shows up the editor
> because that entire PGP section is not part of the message to go INTO
> the editor.

OK, well lets say I edit the message and change the content type, should
that make any difference in the way the characters are displayed?

*My* whole problem, I think, is that I'm confused about the steps that
are needed (in terms of a sequence of events?) to display those
characters correctly. I'm confused whether or not it's my shell, or the
content type, or mutt or? :-) And I'm seriously confused about what (or
where) the documentation for such a thing would be. Or maybe I'm making
no sense what so ever. <g>

--
 -Brian Clark