On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 04:23:51PM +0100, Christian Ordig wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 06:00:36AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> > I'm in the same boat, in fact :-)  What we really need is for active
> > scorers to reply!
> ok. here I is one ...
> >
> > If you tried to implement all of that, with those incremental tests, in
> > procmail your rules would be ugly *and* you'd have a lot of duplication
> > (I imagine the same sorts of problems would apply to any filter, but I
> > dunno from maildrop or the others recently mentioned -- yet).
> That's the point. Imagine someone you don't really care about.
<snipped -- regretfully>
Ok, that is a good explanation.
It still does sound a little complex (since you have been the only
"active" scorer to reply so far, it does not seem widely used).
Interesting though, I have a *prime* candidate for a person on a
particular list (I won't name list or person, but it's no-one on
this list .. unless he lurks..) whose messages I usually crudely filter into
a mailbox called "bollocks". Unfortunately he sometimes appears cc'ed
or to'ed or whatever on a subject I want to hear about. Sounds like
scoring might help.

Mmm. food for thought.

--
Regards