On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 05:42:36PM -0800, Will Yardley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Daniel Eisenbud wrote:
>
> > The attached patch makes it possible to collapse threads whose root is
> > missing and whose first present message has no descendants, which was
> > previously not possible because of an oversight.  It also makes the
> > $hide_missing option much more thorough, making the display much more
> > like that of mutt-1.3.23 when $hide_missing is set.  The first
> > attachment is a patch designed to be applied on top of the previous
> > threading crash workaround (though it doesn't touch the same code, so
> > you can also apply it without the workaround, if you want) and the
> > second attachment includes both the fixes mentioned above and the
> > workaround.
>
> i like the patch a lot.  i was starting to get used to the extra '?'s,
> but this is more the functionality i would expect from 'hide_missing'.

Great, I'm glad you like it!  I plan to do more work on this on some of
the plane trips I have coming up, and more when I'm back in Boston in
early January.

There are a couple of cosmetic nits with the display when there are
limited or collapsed threads, but they are really just cosmetic, and
very minor, so I'll wait to deal with them until I get back.

-Daniel

--
Daniel E. Eisenbud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"We should go forth on the shortest walk perchance, in the spirit of
undying adventure, never to return,--prepared to send back our embalmed
hearts only as relics to our desolate kingdoms."
                                        --Henry David Thoreau, "Walking"