On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 08:05:54PM -0500, Daniel Eisenbud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> The attached patch makes it possible to collapse threads whose root is
> missing and whose first present message has no descendants, which was
> previously not possible because of an oversight.  It also makes the
> $hide_missing option much more thorough, making the display much more
> like that of mutt-1.3.23 when $hide_missing is set.  The first
> attachment is a patch designed to be applied on top of the previous
> threading crash workaround (though it doesn't touch the same code, so
> you can also apply it without the workaround, if you want) and the
> second attachment includes both the fixes mentioned above and the
> workaround.

I noticed that sometimes the '*' wasn't being displayed for
pseudo-threads, which got me thinking, so this patch eliminates that bug
and both other known cosmetic bugs (it displays &'s in the right places
with $hide_missing set in a limited view -- the long horizontal lines
you may see are from junctions that mutt isn't yet smart enough to
suppress in this case, I'll fix that when I get back; and it hides the
thread tree altogether for collapsed threads, which I think makes sense
and which removes some ugly nits.)  Now I am really going to log off and
go to the airport.  :-)

Happy holidays, everyone.  See you in January!

-Daniel

--
Daniel E. Eisenbud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"We should go forth on the shortest walk perchance, in the spirit of
undying adventure, never to return,--prepared to send back our embalmed
hearts only as relics to our desolate kingdoms."
                                        --Henry David Thoreau, "Walking"