Ren? Clerc wrote:

> Mutt requires an SMTP daemon running on the local machine. If you're
> running postfix, as I conclude from your first post, why not use it?
>
> In the other case, you could check out nullmailer or ssmtp. Links to
> be found under "Other Recommended Pages" at the links page of
> www.mutt.org

also you can easily set $relayhost to be your isp's SMTP server in
postfix (in main.cf), and if you're not doing any local delivery at all
(ie you're using POP or IMAP) you can configure it as a null client:

http://www.postfix.org/faq.html

setting a relayhost (or 'smart host' in sendmail's terminology) in
sendmail is also fairly easy.

--
Experience -- a great teacher, but the tutition fees...