Cleber, Philip, et al --

...and then Philip Mak said...
%
% * Cleber S. Mori <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [011207 22:32]:
% > Mutt have just one "problem". It is slow to open folders, because
% > it does not cache them. Pine did it, and it feels much more fast.
% > I don't know if there is a option for that, but I believe not.
%
% mutt takes 7 seconds to open my 10000 message inbox (Maildir).
%
% pine takes 2 seconds.

This was discussed a while ago.  PINE builds a hash of your mailbox and
can thus open it more quickly, but mutt doesn't do that because it makes
things more fragile (AIUI and IIRC).  Check the archives for "fast" and
"hash" and you should come up with the thread.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]