According to Charles Cazabon on Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 09:35:44AM -0600:
> Gary Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 03:39:14PM +0100, Eric Smith wrote:
> > > Occasionally, I Cc an email and the recipient of the Cc assumes
> > > that the email is directed to them (and not just copied to them).
> > > Is it possible to add an attribution-like line similar to:
> > >
> > > This is a copy of an email sent to <main_recipient>
> > >
> > > Would be nice to have this for Bcc (and bounce)  as well.
> >
> > It seems to me that a much better long-term solution would be to
> > politely explain to these recipients when they make this error, the
> > meaning of the To and Cc fields.  This would also save them from making
> > the same mistake with mail from others besides yourself.

It dont seem that way to me.
Email is a commercial tool, not just a techie medium.  People do not
(want to) squint at headers, even things obvious to you and
I, like To: or Cc:
If a bit of programming can make things _more_ obvious, the my
view is that it is a good thing.

> It's also impossible to do what the original poster wants; as soon as the
> message differs between recipients, it's no longer a cc/bcc; it's a different
> message, and has to be injected separately.

So "inject" it a second time - why all this ideology?  Sendmail
is light enough to be run a few times if needs be.

--
Eric Smith