Nicolas, et al --

...and then Nicolas Rachinsky said...
%
% On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 08:14:05AM +0100, Nick Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
% > Yeah! I like that idea, I also find this to be a pain. I don't want to
% > comment/uncomment lines in my muttrc depending on the time of day but
% > the 'new mail in' message is such a distraction when I should be doing
% > outher things.
%
% I would like something like an "unmailboxes" command, to disable some
% of my mailboxes, without having to restart mutt.

That's a pretty neat idea.

An option that might work well without a source code change would be to
have your mailboxes in =lists or such and have a symlink =sometimes
pointing in there as well, and then specifically craft your mailboxes
line to use the symlink for some (unless you intend for all!) and then
you can move and unmove the symlink with a cron job or some other
trigger.

%
% Nicolas

HTH & HAND