in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
wrote Justin R. Miller thusly...

> I just now realized that I think you're not trying to colorize or
> otherwise indicate messages from you, but instead just mark them read.
> Maybe something like this:
>
>       folder-hook . push 'T~N~P\n;N\n\ct.\n'
>
> Note that this is untested, but what I think I'm trying to do is, upon
> entering a folder, tag all new messages that were written by me, then
> toggle their new status, then untag all messages.

i tried the above which works (1.3.25i), or at least worked once.
can anybody enlighten me why the variation below does not?

folder-hook . push 'T~N~P\n;\efN\cT~P\n'

...where...

bind index \ef clear-flag
bind index \cT untag-pattern

...all this hook is does is tag the "~N~P" message.  it does not go
beyond that.

 - parv