in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
wrote Justin R. Miller thusly...

> > Thus spake Nicholas A. Martini ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> >
> > > does anyone know how to make mutt show messages from yoursef (or
> > > another address) show up as read, or not new, or something? it would
> > > be handy for high-volume lists.
> just mark them read.
> Maybe something like this:
>
>       folder-hook . push 'T~N~P\n;N\n\ct.\n'
>
> Note that this is untested, but what I think I'm trying to do is, upon
> entering a folder, tag all new messages that were written by me, then
> toggle their new status, then untag all messages.

"when you want something done, you have to do it yourself."

enough w/ all the fudging!  given all the guesses flying around, i
fed up and tried on my own.  so here it is...

# next three lines should be one;
# wrapped for email
macro index <Esc>z \
 '<tag-pattern> ~P<enter><tag-prefix><clear-flag>N<untag-pattern> ~P<enter>' \
 "mark messages read sent by  me"
#
# after defining key binding, make it execute for every folder
#
folder-hook . 'push \ez'

...i tried to put the whole macro in to the folder hook; but i kept
getting "unknown command" w/...

folder-hook . '<tag-pattern>'

...and "too many arguments" w/ ...

folder-hook . 'push T~P'

...so i resorted to create a key binding and execute it as shown.

given above quoted folder-hook syntax, it seems now that i may not
be using the right syntax for "push".  however the given "push"
syntax seems too cryptic to follow w/o a manual on hand.

 - parv