Ken --

...and then Ken Weingold said...
%
% On Fri, Feb  1, 2002, Will Yardley wrote:
% > > Since NFS's locking mechanism is broken, I would recommend using
% > > Maildir.
%
% Well here's the deal.  /home is NFS-mounted.  My spool folder is in
% /var/spool/mail.  My other mail folders are in ~/Mail.  I run my own
% build of mutt from ~/bin.  Does this help? :)

All of that is no problem, although the caveat about Maildir is not a bad
idea at all.

Can you clarify what sort of funkiness is going on?  Is it just 'N'ew
folder flagging?  Does it resolve itself within a second or two?  Are
your client and server clocks in sync?  Have you used ls to check the
atime and mtime of a suspicious folder?

%
% -Ken

HTH & HAND