On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 08:46:41PM -0500, Joel Hammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is is possible

Yes.

> and advantageous

No.

> to use vi as an external pager?

Hope this helps.  :-)  To be a little bit more specific, you lose all of
the mutt highlighting, quote-hiding, pager_index_lines, as well as the
ability to do things from the pager with a single keystroke.  In return
for this, you don't get any real advantage that I can think of.  On the
other hand, if it would make you happy, go for it.

-Daniel

--
Daniel E. Eisenbud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"We should go forth on the shortest walk perchance, in the spirit of
undying adventure, never to return,--prepared to send back our embalmed
hearts only as relics to our desolate kingdoms."
                                        --Henry David Thoreau, "Walking"