I made pager=vi in Muttrc.

It is different. I think I like it because I am a vi junkie and I hate
some of the single key responses in the mutt pager (like skipping to the
next email when I just wanted to move down one line.) It is disorienting
to switch from vi to the mutt pager all the time and back. I've also got fmt and par
going to reformat messy emails quickly.

I guess I will try it and see if it makes things more pleasant.

Thanks for the help.

Joel