* On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 04:07:47PM +0100,
* Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've just changed from mbox spool files to Maildir spools.  Since then,
> mutt 1.3.27i does not reliably detect new mail in the directories.
>
> In my muttrc, I've got this:
>
> mailboxes ! `find $HOME/Maildir/ -type d -maxdepth 1 \( -name Mailer_Mails -o -name
>Daemon_Mails -o -name DUPES \)` `find $HOME/Maildir/ -type d ! -name cur ! -name tmp
>! -name new -path '*net-attach*'` `find $HOME/Maildir/ -type d ! -name cur ! -name
>tmp ! -name new -path '*ML*' | sort` `find $HOME/Maildir/ -type d ! -name cur ! -name
>tmp ! -name new ! -path '*ML*' ! -name Mailer_Mails ! -name Daemon_Mails ! -name
>DUPES ! -path '*net-attach*' | sort`
>
> This transforms to the list at the end of the message - at least I
> suppose it does, because I neither get an error message and running this
> on the shell I get a correct output.
>
> Well, any ideas about why mutt does not detect new messages in the
> folders?

Does the above command (between the `) produce one line or one line
per Mailbox? AFAIK only the first line of output of the command
between the backticks is used by mutt. Does mutt recognize new Mail
if you add the folders by hand.  I'm not sure, but could it be,
that you need a complete path after the mailboxes command ("=list"
would be a complete path, because of the =).

Nicolas