Something that's been bugging me a bit.

I have multiple mailboxes that procmail filters mail into.  mutt dutifully
notifies me when I have mail waiting in other mailboxes, and such.  As well,
the status bar across the top of my index list will tell me how many mailboxes
have new mail waiting in them.

Everything works just fine, -except- when it comes to the main/default mailbox
(~/Mailbox).  If I'm sitting in one of the other mailboxes, I will get a
notification when mail comes into ~/Mailbox, but (I believe) if mail comes
into one of the other mailboxes before I get to ~/Mailbox, then the 'c'
command won't offer up ~/Mailbox as a default option (ie.  when hitting 'c',
you will be offered the 'next' mailbox that has new mail waiting in it as a
default to change to -- ~/Mailbox is not offered, even if I've already
'c'hanged to all the other mailboxes, read/marked/etc the new mail and -know-
there's new mail in the ~/Mailbox).  That bugs me.

As well, mutt seems to use the list of mailboxes as offered in your
'mailboxes' option as a sort of precedence when offering you a default box to
'c'hange to -- but even though I have '!' as the first mailbox, 'c' never
offers to go there first.  Always somewhere else.

And finally, the status_format variable shows me how many mailboxes have
waiting new messages -- however, again, if I'm sitting in one of my 'other'
mailboxes, and mail has come into the ~/Mailbox, that variable doesn't
indicate such.  mutt obviously knows which mailbox I'm in (as status_format
will correctly tell me how many new messages are in my current mailbox), so
IMO, the %b variable should count ~/Mailbox as a box with waiting mail.

Here's some pertinent bits from my .mutt* files:

mailboxes ! =tivo =sca =opera =embperl =modperl =alsa
set status_format="%v: %f (%s) [%m msgs] [%n new, *=%t, otherboxes=%b]"

Oh, and I'm using 1.2.5i

(Note that using ~/Mailbox in place of ! in the mailboxes line doesn't seem to
change the behaviour at all)

So, to sum up: