On Sun, Mar 17, 2002, David Champion wrote:
> * On 2002.03.17, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> *     "Claus Assmann"  wrote:
> > I asked about this when 1.3.25 came out and got the answer that
> > "this should be fixed" / "will be looking into it".  However, 1.3.28
> > still can't be configured without iconv.  Any chance for a change?
>
> Lars Hecking posted a patch to mutt-dev over a month ago. It's still
> awaiting testers before it can be merged into the tree for 1.4. It seems
> to work for him, but very few truly iconv-less people have tried it and
> reported back.
>
> See
>       http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mutt-dev/message/13851

Thanks, I found the message in a different archive
(groups.yahoo.com wants cookies...)

Feedback: it compiles fine on my machine (OpenBSD 2.8)
and it seems to work (only basic testing).

So please merge it before 1.4. Thanks!

(sorry, I don't read mutt-dev anymore, I'm getting more than 500
mails a day (obviously I can only skim through the subjects and
read only a subset...))