* On 2002.03.19, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
*       "Rob Reid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At  5:02 PM EST on March 19 David Champion sent off:
> > But doesn't OpenPGP sign data before encrypting it? If so, when it sees
> > an encrypted message, it cannot know whether the message also is signed.
>
> Doesn't it become apparent once the message is decrypted, though?

If the message is decrypted. I happen to get a fair amount of encrypted
mail that I can't decrypt, so I get this message ("PGP signature could
NOT be verified") quite often.

Michal didn't say in his first message after setting $pgp_good_sign
whether the test case had been decrypted. In his following message, I
see that it was, so maybe this doesn't explain what he sees, after all.

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago