* Rob 'Feztaa' Park <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-03-24 11.15 -0700]:
> This is really weird. I have the following lines in my muttrc:
>
> ignore *
> unignore date from: reply-to to cc subject x- list user-agent
> ignore x-status x-uid x-keywords x-accept-language x-imagebase x-fid
> ignore x-mailer x-priority x-fid x-fver x-fit x-fcol x-fcat x-fdis
> ignore x-extensions x-bg x-bgt x-bgc x-bgpx x-bgpy x-asn x-asnf x-ash
> ignore x-x-ashf an x-anf x-ap x-apf x-ad x-adf x-auto x-cnt

hmm

> The idea is that I want to ignore everything by default, display some
> stuff,

seems fair to me

> and then hide a bunch of boring X- headers that are used in some
> broken proprietary mailers, which have no real importance to me.

Hmm. Why do you want to ignore something which /is already/ ignored?
Look at this:
    hide everything
    show a b c d e
    hide f g h i j k.....(alreday hidden by the first line)

> The problem is, all of the ignore commands after the unignore seem to do
> nothing (they certainly aren't ignoring those headers, anyway).
> Can anybody tell me what's up? The manual says nothing about ignore not
> working after an unignore.

Maybe _I'm_ missing something here? Anyway, hope this helps.

--
voff, voff (Swedish for 'arf, arf')