Volker --

...and then Volker Kuhlmann said...
%
% On Thu 04 Apr 2002 09:10:35 NZST +1200, David T-G wrote:
%
% > % I have multiple mailbox folders.  I want to save a copy of outgoing
% > % message in the current mbox folder.  Pretty reasonable enough.
% >
% > Interesting.
%
% I have the same problem. I want fcc set to the mbox folder where the
% list email is in to which I am replying.

Well, now you know one way to do it :-)

%
% > % folder-hook . set record=""
% > % folder-hook =local set record="=local"
% > % folder-hook =haviworks set record="=haviworks"
% > % folder-hook =ebase set record="=ebase"
% >
% > Sure, but that seems a pain.
%
% It's a big PITA for dozens of folders, created by procmail. I would have

No, I was being sympathetic.  I wouldn't do it that way.

% thought for procmail tobe in very common use with people who use mutt.
% It requires a folder-hook for each list - blerrg.

Well, that's not so bad; after all, mutt can parse them for you and you
never have to know.  I'd just source a script that scans all of my
incoming folders (especially since they're named to be easy to recognize)
and let it do the work.

%
% One could use an fcc-save-hook for each list, which is a pain, and
% the patterns become humangous fast.

Not a problem.

%
% This doesn't work:
%
% folder-hook . set record="~/Mail/logfile"
% folder-hook ".*-List" set record=!!

Right.

%
% > Yep.  But something like
% >
% >   folder-hook . "my_hdr fcc: ^"
% >
% > might work well if you go ahead and include
% >
% >   patch-1.3.23.bj.current_shortcut.1
%
% I take it that the outgoing email doesn't actually get a fcc: header,

Right; mutt interprets that itself.

% but that this sets $record instead. I also take it that this can be

Well, I don't know if it sets $record or not; I haven't looked in the
code.  One way to check would be to do that and then, from the compose
menu, check the value of $record; I expect it would still be whatever it
usually is.

That's not an entirely incorrect way to look at it, though; I think you
get the point.

% reversed by a following fcc-save-hook (for non-mailing-list emails).

Hmmm...  Haven't tried that one; you'd have to give it a shot.  You would
probably have to unmy_hdr the fcc: instead.

%
% This patch is essential to mutt, please include it in the next version!

Don't ask me; but the folks on mutt-dev or file an RFE with flea :-)

%
% Volker

HTH & HAND

%
% --
% Volker Kuhlmann, list0570 at paradise dot net dot nz
% http://volker.orcon.net.nz/

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]