Volker --

...and then Volker Kuhlmann said...
%
% > > As to my experience (with procmail filtering), it is unreliable to
% > > expect that the send-msg-to-list address appears in To: or Cc:.
% >
% > so this list distributes messages when the list is in the BCC header?
% > well, blame the list admin then!
%
% Yes, and I won't waste time on politics, which is what complainig to
% list owners boils down to. Besides, I actually find bcc: mailinglist
% useful, to avoid private addresses in to: appearing on the list.
% Extremely useful actually.
%
% > depending on your MDA you can still filter on the Delivered-To line.
% > but that's a local problem which you can probably solve yourself.
%
% Yes, procmail handles all that easily. The trickier bit is finding out
% which headers are indeed forcefully inserted by the list handler, and
% which are simply commonly used I (besides keeping up-to-date with it).
% But that's not to do with mutt.
%
% > and i almost never see the "clutter" as my shell's globbing
% > allows to leave them out in a very simple way:
% >
% >   ls *(^@)
%
% Too much typing.
%
% > PS: Volker - you do not seem to attribute quoted text.
% >     that is bad.  especially on mailing lists.
%
% Personal opinion. I find it a waste of bandwidth. We're dealing with
% issues, not individuals. The real sender can easily be found a few msgs
% back. At least people trim their replies on this list...

Not any more ;-)

%
% Volker
%
% --
% Volker Kuhlmann, list0570 at paradise dot net dot nz
% http://volker.orcon.net.nz/           Please do not CC list postings to me.

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]