On Thu 04-Apr-2002 at 02:34:50PM -0700, Peter T. Abplanalp wrote:

> it is now my understanding that there are 3 ways to sign a message:
> pgp/mime, ascii armor, and application/pgp.  i'm not certain on the
> terminology for the last two or even that there is a difference
> between them.  might someone enlighten me?

Your understanding is pretty much correct, and Will has given you the
mutt solution for communicating via ascii-pgp with Outlook (this
involves a patch).

For sending signed/encrypted messages to Outlook you might want to also
look at the alternative s/mime system (also a mutt patch) or you can
ascii pgp encrypt/sign the body of your mail in your editor (ie. outside
of mutt altogether).

--
Bruno