Kevin --

...and then Kevin Coyner said...
%
% I just installed urlview and gave it a try on a message that I knew to
% have a few links.  Sure enough it listed the links and gave an arrow
% that allowed me to select one of the links.  When I selected, it
% rewrote the link down at the bottom of the screen.  But after that,
% nothing, regardless of what keys I hit.  I presumed that urlview would

Did you hit return again?  Interestingly enough, you have to hit the
enter key twice.

If you did, then you should look into your .urlview file to see what it's
doing.  Here's mine, with various netscape examples commented out because
I have screen fire up a new window running lynx:

  #
  # Sample urlview(1) configuration file
  #

  # regular expression to use to match URLs
  REGEXP ((((ht|f)tp)|mailto):(//)?[^ >"\t]*|www\.[-a-z0-9.]+)[^ .,;\t>">]

  # command to invoke for selected URL
  #COMMAND netscape -remote 'openURL(%s)'
  #COMMAND /usr/bin/screen url_handler.sh %s
  #COMMAND url_handler.sh %s
  #COMMAND url_handler.sh
  COMMAND /usr/bin/screen url_handler.sh

You should have something like at least one of those in yours, perhaps
also including the REGEXP (I forget whether REGEXP is necessary or if
I've simply tweaked the default).

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]