--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

* Kevin Coyner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 2002-06-08 23:34 -0400:
>=20
> I don't want to start a religious war, but is there consensus opinion
> as to whether mbox or Maildir is better?  I know mutt supports both
> automatically, so it's probably a bit of a mute question, but mutt
> also gives you the option of specifying which format new folders are
> set up in, so I thought I'd ask.

Kevin,

mbox seems faster to me (Linux/ext2), and it can be read be virtually
every email application. With Maildir, however, no locking mechanism
is needed, and they say it's more secure. I have just switched back
to mbox because my old computer and high traffic mailing lists go
together better this way. Opening an mbox is definitely faster than
openening a maildir with the same contents, but YMMV.

-Andre

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe--