On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 09:02:42PM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> % Mutt defaults to colour in Linux too.  So, copy over your .muttrc to new
> % machine.
>
> No dice; I did (and found that BSD regexps are different from GNU
> regexps, so I had to rewrite some of it -- and I've added this color
> junk, too!).
>
> Perhaps it's not fair to say that "mutt defaults to color"; perhaps it's
> a different implementation of xterm (my term type) or vt100 (what screen
> tells the apps I am).

I have 21" grayscale monitor, and I tried
    mono attachment reverse
    mono normal none
    mono tilde bold
    mono header underline ^Subject:
but didn't like it.  I am now using
    color attachment brightmagenta default
    color normal default default
    color tilde brightblue default
    color header green default ^Subject:

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
8-CPU Cluster, Hosting, NAS, Linux, LaTeX, python, vim, mutt, tin