* Vincent Lefevre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-07-01 08:32:05 +0200]:

> Then, how about being able to do internal filtering? For instance, using
>
> mailboxes the_mailbox#pattern1
> mailboxes the_mailbox#pattern2
> mailboxes the_mailbox#pattern3
> mailboxes the_mailbox#pattern4
>
> When opening the corresponding physical mailbox "the_mailbox", Mutt would
> automatically do a limit on the pattern. An alias could be used instead of
> the full mailbox form the_mailbox#pattern1, and so on.

I've been doing this sort of thing for a long time using links in the
filesystem and mutt's `folder-hook'.

See <URL:http://www.davep.org/mutt/muttrc/folder-hooks.html> and look at the
last set of hooks.

--
Dave Pearson:              | mutt.octet.filter - autoview octet-streams
http://www.davep.org/      | mutt.vcard.filter - autoview simple vcards