* On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Eugene Lee wrote:

> I looked in the archives and couldn't find a specific answer
> this one.  I receive several HTML messages that arrive as an
> attachment with no plain text equivalent in the main message
> body or another attachment.  When I reply to these messages,
> how do I configure Mutt to convert the HTML attachment into
> plain text, quote it, and finally edit it?  Or is this a
> mailcap issue?  Thanks in advance.

I beleive these are the relevant settings I use:

In .muttrc:

    alternative_order text/plain text # Favor plain text in multipart messages
    auto_view text/html # View html dumped to text in pager (see .mailcap)

In .mailcap (choose one according to browser):

    # text/html; lynx -dump %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.html
    # text/html; links -dump %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.html
    text/html; w3m -dump %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.html

--
John