On 06:12 12 Jul 2002, Rich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| On Fri,Jul12,2002at01:10:33AM-0700, John Iverson wrote:
| > Try ":bind pager <BackSpace> previous-line"
| Tried that. Still gives the error "Key is not bound". I can bind just about
| any other key. I was just wondering why the default doesnt work. I am
| running this in xterm. I have tried all the various terminals i have on
| my system and none seem to work. It used to work many months ago. Its
| not really a big deal. I just got used to using it before and still find
| myself in the habit of trying to use it.

Might want to check your backspace is actually sending ^H and not ^?.
Type:
        ^V<backspace>
That's control-V and then the backspace key. What does it show?
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

IE 5.0 introduces nothing but a bunch of DHTML extensions you'd never stoop
to using, and yet more parochial Microsoft dialects (Want to view pages
without annoying browser buttons? Just change all your .html files to
.hma! Will they never learn?)   - NTKnow, 16jun98, http://www.ntk.net/