On 18:41 12 Jul 2002, Sven Guckes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| * Rich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-07-12 12:11]:
| > On Fri,Jul12,2002at10:04:45PM+1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:
| > > Might want to check your backspace is actually sending ^H and not ^?.
| > > Type: ^V<backspace>
| > > That's control-V and then the backspace key. What does it show?
| > It sends the ^?.
|
| that's the "delete" character - not the backspace one.

Which means, in case Sven wasn't clear enough, that you should be binding
<delete> instead of <backspace>.

Or remap your keyboard - personally I wish the BackSpace key to always
send ^H, but many Linux default setups seem to make it send ^?. However,
this is a much harder job.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Vikings?  There ain't no vikings here.  Just us honest farmers.
The town was burning, the villagers were dead.  They didn't need
those sheep anyway.  That's our story and we're sticking to it.
        - Dan Sorenson, DoD 1066, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]