* D. J. Bolderman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-09-26 01:44]:
> > >   send-hook . my_hdr From: <normal mail account>
> > >   send-hook mutt-users my_hdr From: <list account>
> > >   folder-hook '!'INBOX.MailingLists.Mutt my_hdr From: <list account>
> > > [..] So, it seems that the folder-hook setting is not used, but why ?
>
> > you see the my_hdr comamnd as one thing - but mutt does not.  and if
> > the '!' is meant as a negation then it need not be quoted.
>
> Strange, because my send-hooks are working
> allright, and I'm not using quotes there either.

hmm...  assuming that all hooks work - aren't
you defining *two* From headers that way?
maybe the first one "wins"?

let's see...

  $ cat muttrc.test
  set autoedit
  set edit_headers
  send-hook   .       "my_hdr From: me <a@b>"
  folder-hook +empty  "my_hdr From: me <c@d>"
  folder-hook +empty  "my_hdr Subject: test"

  $ mutt -n -F muttrc.test -f /dev/null

sending a mail ('m' and a possible  'n' to say "no"
to the prompt "Recall postponed message? ([yes]/no):")
now results in "From: me <a@b>" (autoedit let's me
skip the prompts for "Subject:" and "To:" - and
edit_headers will show me the headers in the editor).
as i am using vim i can exit very fast with "ZZ".

now, when changing to +empty, the folder-hooks do
get triggered (i can tell be the X-Test: showing up) -
but there is still "From: me <a@b>", so the send-hook
overrules the From: header as set by the  folder-hook.

qed.

Sven